Rediscovering Avalon

This is a site dedicated to the most important things to me, like love, inner peace, joy, kindness. A site dedicated to people discovering, or re-discovering the wonderous magical truth of who they are.

Friday, September 29, 2006

Does all work have to be 'spiritual'?

At the beginning of this year, I said to the Universe, OK, if you want me to do healing work full time, show me the way and I will do it. I tied up a new loose ends and was ready, open to whatever came.

I waited for about 2 months and nothing happened. I had some business cards made up. But generally, I felt uninspired to do anything much. Aside from paint. Which I did a bit of.

Then I started feeling depressed.

So, I said to the universe, what's going on? If you want me to be a healer, then I can do it. But I can't sit around on my arse all day waiting for something to happen. Show me the way.

The next day, the phone started ringing again. I was inundated with offers of work. Opportunities to get involved. In research. Which is what I was doing before. And I felt happy again.

Maybe it wasn't the right time. Or maybe, I am just one of those people who is meant to have a 'normal' job which gives me the head space and the freedom to be the one to go with my friend to the doctor, or to be able to stay up late into the night listening to a friend over the phone, or to meet someone in the day for a chat, or to just go and spend time showing some people a new product and being nice to them.

I realised today, it's not what you do, but how you do it that counts. That random acts of kindness mean something to me. That you can make a difference by being present and happy and smiling at people, rather than being a grumpy old chook who takes more than she gives.

And if I am meant to be a healer and do 'healing' work, then that's fine. I am sure I'll be shown the way. If not, I'll just keep doing what I do.

Because people do lovely things when you give them permission. Today for example, there was a little old lady trying to cross a busy road. I stopped to make sure she was OK.

And then something lovely happened. First a big truck flashed its lights and stopped, so she could cross half of way. So, we started walking and I said, I think we can go after this car waited for a natural break in the traffic. But before that, a lovely person stopped their car and let us cross.

I smiled and thanked the universe. Surely others choosing to be kind in that moment constitutes a miracle.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home