Rediscovering Avalon

This is a site dedicated to the most important things to me, like love, inner peace, joy, kindness. A site dedicated to people discovering, or re-discovering the wonderous magical truth of who they are.

Tuesday, January 16, 2007

Home

Well after a crazy few weeks, I have come back to Londres for a holiday! And it feels like home. I've got some spicy sweet potato soup on the stove. I've got my Vika and Linda Bull CD playing. I've just eaten a few too many musk sticks. I've got up to date with my schedule for the next few weeks.

And I have been thinking about what it means to call a place home. Is it where you are from? Who is there? How you feel when you are there? A sense of place and community? Is it the earth beneath your feet? Is it a place?

I think it's different things to different people.

For me, it is a feeling of completeness, a feeling of safety and freedom, a feeling of belonging. For some reason, I feel that here in a way I never did in Australia. The wandering is over for me. I feel a wholeness. Maybe it's because the Love God is here, but I think it's more than that. It's in my bones. My roots are here. I could pack up tomorrow and move somewhere else, but right now I don't want to.

It was so lovely to meet up with some of the lovelies while down South. Not enough time, but enough to re connect with where they are at. Not enough time to really sit and chat. To talk about where we are on the spiritual path and all that. I know I must give up the chance to be part of their everyday and them being a part of mine. It's a hard call sometimes, it really is.

But I guess if we were all in one place, the love couldn't be spread around the world.

We need to skype more. We really do. I hope you know that I am here and with you in spirit when you need me there. I know it's not the same as sitting around the kitchen table with a cuppa. I feel I missed opportunities to ask better questions or to be 'there' more. But I was not in a relaxed place. I wasn't really myself. Somehow I ended up disconnecting from me when I was there. Maybe it was all the rushing around, maybe it was because of certain individuals, maybe it was the food, maybe it was the plane journey, maybe it was because I was tired before I left, maybe it was the culture shock. Who knows and it doesn't really matter why.

I wish you could be here with me in my place. I have so much to share, but somehow I couldn't find the connection to myself when I saw you. Sorry if you felt that. You're right, I am hard on myself sometimes. But I am learning to be kinder.

I love you and miss you already but at least it is less time til we see each other now than it was when we parted.

Your friend Beth

4 Comments:

  • At 10:39 am, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    I loved seeing you, even if at the time I had the share the space with ten other people. Selfishly I wanted to spend a day with you and really talk, but I understand - as does everyone - that it can't be like that when you visit us here. I will come and visit you in London one day, I promise, and I'll come alone and we will catch up and it wont feel like years have passed.

     
  • At 11:28 am, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Glad to hear you've arrived home safe and sound and are happy to be in your place, connected to all that is good for you. Was wonderful to see you and have you stay with us, even for a few days, in our 'everyday' ... stay connected with you, with all that is sacred to you and all that is good for you ... all my love H

     
  • At 5:43 pm, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Hi girls! Thanks for your lovely comments and I am planning for the next time to be less hectic, more trusting that people will come to me rather than me having to go to them, and generally be more chilled. I was frustrated you didn't get the best of me, but hey, I did travel what 13,000 kms to be in your presence, which I think is a sign of my love! Such a short time all too infrequently, reaffirms my wish for the ability to transport myself at will to different places! But hey. I got to see the new house, H and I love what you are doing for its transformation. I got to eat some home made Trish cookies which were simply delicious (,I just whipped those up', she said modestly. Maybe when I am a mummy I too will whip up cookies but from where I sit, I am in awe of this ability). I am sorry, T, we didn't really get to chat. Agree it was most unsatisfying, but you know having read your blog over the last year, I felt we had less to catch up on and this was good. Let's keep going with that one I say. I have logged onto the new one and it seems good. I would love you to come here and see what you think and so I can show you some of my life here, which is only glimpsed at in moments via the blog and sporadic meetings. But hey, it was like but a moment had passed since last we met which is what true friendship is all about. I do wonder, though, if this is sustainable over a lifetime, or whether gradually, the moments shared in the everyday fade into memory and unsustained, erode that bond of friendship. I guess only time will tell, but maybe skyping more and getting on the phone more might help. One thing is for sure, I still love youse! B xoxoxo

     
  • At 6:19 am, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Hi Beth, I completely understand. I was very happy to see you, and there was soo much that I wanted to talk to you about and share with you. But it is hard when you have so much to catch up on and there is so much going on. I will send you news and photos of Tassie and let you know how my new life is going there. I'm glad you enjoyed your visit there, it really is such a beautiful place. In just the 4 days Andy and I were there I felt calm and happy and at home. Hopefully I will be inspired to blog more....Love Jill

     

Post a Comment

<< Home