Rediscovering Avalon

This is a site dedicated to the most important things to me, like love, inner peace, joy, kindness. A site dedicated to people discovering, or re-discovering the wonderous magical truth of who they are.

Monday, December 04, 2006

Inspired by photography

I've been a bit lazy lately taking quotes and inspiration from others, but sometimes others are simply that: inspiring. Today, however, I want to share a couple of examples of my new found passion: capturing transitory moments on film.

As I mentioned a couple of weeks ago, for my current art study I have been taking zillions of photos of inpermanent phenomena. It has really been so much fun and I wish I could make money from being creative because I LOVE it.

Anyway, I showed a friend of mine today some stuff and she said: If you were to be a professional photographer, what would be your focus? I immediately answered that I would like to do exhibitions of photos as art work that centre on a concept. That people could hang them in their home or office because they enjoyed looking at them.

I didn't realise that my photos were really any good, but I am starting to think maybe I have discovered something. Who can say really, but I'm going to keep going. Nothing has been done to the pictures, they are exactly as the camera took them. I think my camera has magic properties...

So, here are a couple of examples that I like. Hope you do too. Let me know what you think.



0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home