Rediscovering Avalon

This is a site dedicated to the most important things to me, like love, inner peace, joy, kindness. A site dedicated to people discovering, or re-discovering the wonderous magical truth of who they are.

Friday, March 23, 2007

Old Wives Tales

I've been thinking recently about Old Wives' Tales. You know, little sayings, or myths or truths about live that seem to be passed down from generation to generation.

Some examples would be:
Early to bed, early to rise, makes a man healthy, wealthy, and wise.
If the clasp of your necklace is facing downwards, someone is thinking of you.
Give your loved ones a pinch and a punch for the first of the month (I think it's meant to bring good luck)
Say 'rabbits' before anything and anyone else on the first day of the month (that was one of my granny's).

I feel there is an inherent truth to some of these tales and want to know if you've got any that you think are really good.

So, please share!

Thanks and I look forward to hearing them, no matter how wacky!

B

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home