Rediscovering Avalon

This is a site dedicated to the most important things to me, like love, inner peace, joy, kindness. A site dedicated to people discovering, or re-discovering the wonderous magical truth of who they are.

Tuesday, November 11, 2008

Living it

Well hello! It's been ages since I last posted on here. In fact, I now have a toddler and life has taken on a whole new perspective. But funnily enough, just yesterday I was thinking about starting to write here again. And two people said when are you going to start writing again? And even wierder was someone posted a comment on here for the first time in about 18 months and said: 'keep up the good work'. So, I figure it must be a sign, so here I am.

The topic of today is about living what we know is good for us. You know how sometimes you read the theory, it makes perfect sense, you know it's what you need to do. And yet, somehow, you just don't do it? Well, at the moment, I am in this a bit. Especially with my food. I have lost some weight, but the main thing is I have discovered that if I separate proteins from carbohydrates (it's broadly based on the Hay diet), then I feel great, no bloating, no IBS, more energy, look better etc etc. I finally have the solution to that which has hounded me for years.

So, I ask you: why I am not following this religiously? Why am I sitting here with a bloated, nauseous feeling in my body? Why do I think this is negotiable and drop it when it's not 'convenient' because I am around other people?

I am sure there are many possible answers to this question but I want to say something about awareness. When we see something for the first time, have a relevation, epiphany or whatever you want to call it, we realise in a moment of perfect clarity the answer to this why.

But you know, it takes some time before we integrate this new knowledge into our being. I think sometimes it takes a bit of trial and error before we realise how important, crucial even, is our need to change our ways.

To love ourselves more, to preserve ourselves, to nurture our precious souls.

It has to move from being negotiable to being not negotiable. To clarify, I do feel there is a time to be flexible, to bend with the breeze, to put others' needs before your own. I most definitely do. But I think there is also a time to put ourselves first above all else. Because there is a divine need for it. And to be able to choose, or determine the difference. Well that is a whole different chapter all together.

So just for today, let's toast to the awareness. The deep stirring of the inner voice to speak to us. To opening our ears and our hearts to listen. And to the willingness to follow that divine guidance. Amen.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home