Rediscovering Avalon

This is a site dedicated to the most important things to me, like love, inner peace, joy, kindness. A site dedicated to people discovering, or re-discovering the wonderous magical truth of who they are.

Thursday, April 12, 2007

The simple things in life are often the best

I've got a recipe for you from my Spanish friend, Maite. She calls it rice soup.

I just love her home style cooking full of flavour and goodness, passed on from her mother. She made this meal today to combat a bad cold and it was so tasty, I came straight home and made it myself. And it was delicious.

Per person:

Fry 1 clove of garlic in a little olive oil
Add in 1/2 an onion, finely chopped. Fry until clear
Add in 1 large or 3 or 4 small tomatoes quartered or halved. Cook until starting to juice.
Add 2 small handfuls of arborio or spanish rice and fry for 3-4 minutes
Add about 500-600ml of boiling water, 3/4 of a chicken stock cube, season with salt and pepper and a dash of tabasco sauce for an added zing. The tabasco in my opinion is the magic ingredient.

Boil for 20 minutes and serve with some grated cheese or stir in one of those kids cheeses (you know the ones that come in the round packet - Dairy Lee I think it is, probably low fat, knowing Maite).

There should be some sauce/soup in there, so if not, you need to add a bit more water next time.

It was so simple and so delicious, I ate the whole lot in one sitting!

I hope you enjoy

Love Beth

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home