Rediscovering Avalon

This is a site dedicated to the most important things to me, like love, inner peace, joy, kindness. A site dedicated to people discovering, or re-discovering the wonderous magical truth of who they are.

Sunday, February 26, 2006

For the love of books

Ahhhh....Books ....

I love books and I love reading. A source of peace, adventure, joy, sadness, discovery, hope, information, laughter… why people read and what they get from it are as diverse probably as they are.

I didn’t read as a kid. I am not sure why, but I didn’t discover the joys of reading until I was about 22. It started with self help books really, but has since moved on from there.

For me, life’s just better with a good book.

I've just finished reading a book which my sister in law gave me for my birthday called Phra Farang. It’s about an English guy who becomes a Buddhist monk in Thailand. It’s a very interesting and lovely read about his journey and just reading it brought a sense of peace.

I'm just about to tuck myself up on the sofa with a warmly engaging book called 'The Secret Life of Bees', which I picked up for 99p at Waterstones earlier in the week. They loved it so much, they have practically given it away.

So, for all your book buffs out there... what is your very most favourite book ever and why? Please tell me so I can expand my reading repertoire...

To reading...for the simple pleasure of it...

2 Comments:

  • At 10:33 pm, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    'Don't Kiss Them Good-Bye' by Allison Dubois. It gave me some peace.

     
  • At 3:14 am, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home