Rediscovering Avalon

This is a site dedicated to the most important things to me, like love, inner peace, joy, kindness. A site dedicated to people discovering, or re-discovering the wonderous magical truth of who they are.

Tuesday, February 21, 2006

Sickness as a moment for reflection

I have had a few health issues going on in the last couple of weeks. Not major ones, but concerns playing in the back of my mind, if you know what I mean.

And everytime this happens (rarely these days, thankfully, but I used to be ill A LOT), I really appreciate the chance to have a bit of time out (not that it is always convenient, though!).

I see on the TV and other ads messages that come across as: 'why let a headache stop you?', 'no time to waste on being ill', 'take this tablet and the pain will miraculously disappear' etc etc.

But that feels all wrong to me. If the mind, body and spirit are really all connected, then surely times of ill health deserve to be listened to, acknowledged, heard and even, heaven forbid, acted upon.

I always use these times as an opportunity to regroup, make sure I've got my priorities in order, legitimately slow down and generally prioritise me for a bit. Maybe even do a bit of artwork...take a bath...rest...dream...

I am sure there are people out there who will say: 'but I can't because of .....my kids....my job...this commitment...that commitment'. Fine, but that is a choice too.

So, today, here's to sickness and taking a moment to reflect on what it trying to tell us.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home