Rediscovering Avalon

This is a site dedicated to the most important things to me, like love, inner peace, joy, kindness. A site dedicated to people discovering, or re-discovering the wonderous magical truth of who they are.

Tuesday, February 28, 2006

Wanting to go herbal on the makeup

I’m pretty herbal in the sense that I don’t really drink that much, stopped smoking a couple of years ago, like my morning veggie juice, prefer garlic to antibiotics, know the pressure point for headaches, recycle my clothes, don’t drive a car, eat virtually no meat, use Lush or organic face and body products, choose products that were not tested on animals, exercise my right as a consumer to boycott companies that obviously do not care for the environment/people etc.

But the one bug bear is that I realised the other day I use chemical makeup. Every day, I use products that where possible were not tested on animals (but generally were), have all sorts of nasties in them, the names of which read like something out of a horror movie and are generally not good for you.

I know that the people who brought us Lush (http://www.lush.co.uk/) also have B (http://www.bnevertoobusytobebeautiful.com/) but I’ve never tried their stuff because they still have a list of stuff in there that looks scary.

Does anyone out there know of any eco friendly makeups that work ie eyeliner/ mascara that stays on for 8-10 hours, eyeshadow that doesn’t rub off, lipstick, even bronzer for those days when work has taken its toll?

Interested in your views. Beth

2 Comments:

  • At 3:25 am, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Bare Minerals by Bare Escentuals is great. The foundation is pure crushed minerals with no nasties and they have eyeshadow etc as well although I have not tried that.

     
  • At 2:58 pm, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Thanks, Anne. That sounds great.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home