Rediscovering Avalon

This is a site dedicated to the most important things to me, like love, inner peace, joy, kindness. A site dedicated to people discovering, or re-discovering the wonderous magical truth of who they are.

Sunday, March 12, 2006

Forgiveness

'You need to forgive her', I hear a whisper in my ear and I know instantly that 'her' is that 'nasty photo woman' I have been obsessing over.

Ahhh forgiveness.

Sometimes you seem so far away from me, I prefer to be angry and eating up inside and thinking up ways to hurt, rather than letting your cool, loving breeze soothe my soul and wash away my pain.

I've heard it said (probably by some wise old sage or the Dalai Lama or someone) that our enemies are our greatest teachers and I suppose I am starting to learn some of its truth.

If one works on the premise that all events, situations, people etc 'out there' are actually reflections of, or opportunities to learn, heal or discover 'in ourselves', then I can see some truth in that. Because it is hardest to be totally honest with ourselves over the things we reject or find so hurtful in ourselves. But it also gives us the opportunity to get some power back when all seems hopeless or lost.

So to that woman I have let sully the loveliness and kindness I felt surrounded my wedding: I forgive you for not being the way I wanted you to be and I set you free.

Ahhh forgiveness.

To you and your loveliness and your lightness and your peace.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home