Rediscovering Avalon

This is a site dedicated to the most important things to me, like love, inner peace, joy, kindness. A site dedicated to people discovering, or re-discovering the wonderous magical truth of who they are.

Sunday, March 05, 2006

Words cost us lives


I saw this phrase on a Tube poster the other day and it reminded me of how I felt really upset about the recent situation with 'those Danish cartoons'.

While I agree that freedom of speech is a good thing, I was amazed how little attention was paid to the other side of that coin which is:

You must take responsibility for those words you choose to freely speak.

Words have the power to hurt or heal, slander or support, cut or calm, ruin or respect...

So, here's to choosing to be freely loving with our speech.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home