Rediscovering Avalon

This is a site dedicated to the most important things to me, like love, inner peace, joy, kindness. A site dedicated to people discovering, or re-discovering the wonderous magical truth of who they are.

Tuesday, April 18, 2006

Acceptance

I used to spend a lot of time being angry that things or people or relationships weren't the way I wanted them to be.

And then one day something wonderful happened.

I realised that as long as I wanted someone to change or love me in the way I wanted to be loved (which had been proved many many times over was not possible for them), then I would never truely be at peace.

So, I decided to accept that there are different levels of love and different forms of relationships and different ways of doing things.

And you know, it was a turning point.

I stopped feeling like I had to defend myself. I stopped wanting something that I couldn't have. I stopped being angry.

I felt a bit lighter somehow. I found my world started getting bigger again.

I felt confident to do what I knew I must for me, without feeling guilty about it. I respected myself and stopped caring if others did the same.

So, here's to acceptance. To forgiving other people for not being the way you wanted them to be and setting them (and yourself) free.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home