Rediscovering Avalon

This is a site dedicated to the most important things to me, like love, inner peace, joy, kindness. A site dedicated to people discovering, or re-discovering the wonderous magical truth of who they are.

Saturday, September 02, 2006

Count your blessings

'When I count my blessings, I always count you twice' is a magnet I have in my office.

Last night at a surprise 50th birthday party for a lovely friend of mine who I hardly ever see, I had the privilege of meeting her new man. I mentioned the break up some time ago on this blog, and I have to say, it was unquestionably for the good. She is radiant and so is her Beloved.

They are like ying and yang. He mentioned in passing what a blessing it is to meet one's soulmate in this life.

Anyway, I just wanted to say it was so lovely to meet him. He just sat and enjoyed her enjoyment all night. As she salsa'ed and giggled with the girls, and received an abundance of gifts from those who love her, and cried when she realised all these people had come just for the moment to see the look on her face and be part of her history.

He oozed gratitude and grace. For each moment it seemed. It's so easy to let the day to day stuff get in the way of appreciating what you have, it was a lovely reminder for me to see someone not caught up in that.

So, to the two T's. Because you being together makes the world a better place.

2 Comments:

  • At 1:15 pm, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Hi Beth,

    My name is Kathryn and I am an old friend of Trudy's, we used to hang out when we were at secondary school together, lost touch and then approx 4 years ago, much to my surprise, I found myself working with T's daughter, Kate and so re-kindled our friendship after many, many years!!

    I had forgotten how well we got on and I value her friendship enormously, I love what you have written abot the 2 T's, it is so true.

    Thank you.

     
  • At 1:04 am, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Hi Kathryn Thanks for being brave enough to leave a post on my blog. You are always welcome here!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home