Rediscovering Avalon

This is a site dedicated to the most important things to me, like love, inner peace, joy, kindness. A site dedicated to people discovering, or re-discovering the wonderous magical truth of who they are.

Monday, November 13, 2006

Impermanence

This term in my art course we are looking at light, shadow and transition. I am so excited about it because I have decided to focus on impermanence.

Buddhists have long recognised the impermanence of all natural phenomena and I think it forms the basis of at least one of their noble truths.

But to actually realise everything is impermanent (except nirvana, or bliss, or love consciousness or peace or however you choose to refer to it) is quite a revelation.

a smile... a kiss... a sunset.... a sunrise... a meal... the seasons... shadows...ageing...youth...a rainbow...rain...sun...a blink... autumn leaves falling...clouds...pregnancy... waves in the ocean... bath... footprints... flowers...

I find that so beautiful and amazing.

So here is a photo to celebrate.

To life and it's transient nature.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home