Rediscovering Avalon

This is a site dedicated to the most important things to me, like love, inner peace, joy, kindness. A site dedicated to people discovering, or re-discovering the wonderous magical truth of who they are.

Thursday, January 25, 2007

Ode to the Sardine

I just had sardines on toast for lunch and they were so delicious. How long is it since you had that yumminess? I bought some nice tinned ones from Waitrose and they were in olive oil and lemon and all I did was add a little bit of garlic into the mix.

I used to have them with tomato sauce, but au natural is even better. I used to lather on butter, but the olive oil is enough. I also have a cold so the fishy factor may have been reduced.

But I enjoyed it so much I thought I'd write and say: treat yourself to a sardines on toast! Go on.

2 Comments:

  • At 7:06 am, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Hi Beth

    I have a good sardines on toast recipe to share with you...

    A few slices of yummy bread (sourdough or olive bread)
    spead some black olive tapenade on base, add a few sardines (ones in olive oil are good) and a few slices of fresh tomato, finish with some parmesan cheese sprinkled on top
    S&P to taste

    Put all of the above under the grill and enjoy! Let me know what you think...

    Hope your cold doesn't last too long.

    Much love, Rach

     
  • At 9:17 pm, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Hi Beth - Happy Happy Birthday to you on 1 Feb. Hope you are planning to celebrate in style! Sending all our love, Mike and Hels xxx

     

Post a Comment

<< Home