Rediscovering Avalon

This is a site dedicated to the most important things to me, like love, inner peace, joy, kindness. A site dedicated to people discovering, or re-discovering the wonderous magical truth of who they are.

Tuesday, February 06, 2007

Finding balance

Hey there! Sorry I've been away for a while. It's been hectic over here and I have been running to catch up. I'm not a very good fire fighter and as usual, trying to keep too many balls in the air. But hey, I went to Paris and it was beautiful. I went to Hamburg - also divine.

Anyway, I'm back and thinking of putting a veto on travel for the next month so I can get into my detox and have a bit of quiet time.

I saw that movie The Pursuit of Happyness. It is amazing. It is so worth seeing. Hard to watch in places for me. I found it almost painful. But oh so inspiring. Will Smith was incredible I thought. See it if you can.

The theme on my mind today, though, is about balance.

Sometimes it is quite tricky to balance the spiritual life with the demands of everyday living, like working, travelling, having kids, relationships. Even just eating healthily and making the time to cook a decent meal sometimes seems like a big deal for me. But the point of the spiritual life is to bring it into our daily living. While I did think about the monastic life, and fully respect those who choose this path, I feel there is something terribly important about living an everyday existance consciously. Being extraordinarily ordinary.

The other thing I think about balance is that it is not fixed. It is an oh so fluid concept. It is not something that is attained and then forever done, tick that box and move on. It is a constantly evolving series of choices that we make every day.

And then you have the other bit which is where you put your attention. Like not wanting to spend every day 'getting to know yourself', but also not getting so caught up in life you forget to turn the loving inwards from time to time to check in and see how your soul is doing.

Anyway, I think what I wanted to say is: hello sweet soul. I'm here. I'm doing my best to make time for you and all the other bits and pieces.

And thanks to all you precious souls who sent your birthday wishes. I felt very loved and very grateful. Thank you all. xxxxx

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home