Rediscovering Avalon

This is a site dedicated to the most important things to me, like love, inner peace, joy, kindness. A site dedicated to people discovering, or re-discovering the wonderous magical truth of who they are.

Wednesday, May 31, 2006

When all else fails, surrender

I don't know about you, but sometimes I just feel like I'm treading water and the smallest things seem to throw me. It's a nightmare, because I do wonder at those times, whether I am really am going to lose the plot and end up rocking in a corner somewhere.

The mind goes round and round and never seems to find anything tangible or soothing to grab onto and frankly, this state can last for days, if not weeks.

It's those times when all the bad habits come to the fore - start smoking again, run around doing way too much stuff rather than just sitting and relaxing in a chair with a cup of tea, eating the wrong foods, not going to bed early, saying silly things....it's a vicious cycle.

Well, I have to say that from experience, the only thing that works for sure for me in those moments is surrender.

Yes, surrender.

Handing it over to the angels or the great spirit and saying: I don't need to understand this, I don't need to be right, I will give it to you in exchange for some peace.

Go on, try it.

Within a relatively short period of time, the mood changes. The lightness returns. You might need to do this several times a day when the going gets rough. But I need to remind myself to do this BEFORE it gets crazy. Yet, seldom does this happen and it's only when I am at the end of my rope that I finally remember that this is the answer!

So, today, it's all about surrendering to the universe all the pain and burdens that we carry, because no one can carry it alone.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home