Rediscovering Avalon

This is a site dedicated to the most important things to me, like love, inner peace, joy, kindness. A site dedicated to people discovering, or re-discovering the wonderous magical truth of who they are.

Monday, September 04, 2006

Happy Anniversary to me

Well today it is officially 5 years since I landed in London. I had no idea how long I was going to be here for, or the events that would unfold.

But 5 years on, I can say it has been a wonderful journey so far.

I feel complete here. I feel at peace. I feel content. I feel happy.

I mean, the guy at Customs even said to me as I handed him my shiny new red passport declaring me to be one of the nation's citizens - 'Welcome Home'. Never before or ever since has anyone said that to me. Nor have those friendly words been declared to anyone I know.

The entry into London didn't start quite as well as expected but I like to think I learned my lessons quickly and by the following spring, things were well on track. I had a new boyfriend, a nice enough job, a home to live in, some new friends, food in my belly and the beginnings of a new life.

So, today, I declare a sparkling apple juice toast (I am on a detox remember) to London. Because you have been so good to me it makes we want to cry and I am so grateful for all you have given me.

6 Comments:

  • At 2:34 am, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Hi beth, I'm so happy for you. I'm glad I read this post, your happiness is infectious and I know just how you feel. There's nothing like looking back on your life and realising just how blessed you are, how far you have come, and what wonderful things are waiting for you along the road. Here's to being in the moment, Cheers jill

     
  • At 6:21 am, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Happy Anniversary Beth. I can't believe it was 5 years ago that I met you one afternoon in Notting Hill. You had just arrived, sporting long dark hair, black platform shoes and a snazzy denim shirt dress....London might not have started so well but you were destined to make an impact on that place and the people you met! Enjoy today. Love R

     
  • At 9:17 am, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Thank you gorgeous girls for your support and love. I know, R, time sure does fly. I wonder what we'll all be doing in another 5 years. I love the adventure of life...
    I do miss people in Oz, but I am happy here. The way I see it, if we all lived in the same place, we couldn't spread the love around the world! And you'll always have a place to stay while I am living here. I would love to show you around my London some day, T! xx

     
  • At 10:03 pm, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Hi Beth!

    Happy anniversay! I feel very proud of being one of the person you met on this 5 years. Lot of us have arrived with not friends and have found real and deep friendship in London. Thank you for being part of my life and part of London. This city is whealthier with you in it. Love. M

     
  • At 10:15 pm, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Thanks guapa. Life here is definitely better for me because of friends like you. You are a shining star. xxxx

     
  • At 4:10 pm, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Happy Aniversario!!!!..... on the 11th of September.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home