Rediscovering Avalon

This is a site dedicated to the most important things to me, like love, inner peace, joy, kindness. A site dedicated to people discovering, or re-discovering the wonderous magical truth of who they are.

Friday, May 12, 2006

Finding a place for pain

For some years now, I have gained great solace from drawing, painting and writing. Not that I was not given a great gift of artistic ability, but I have started producing some art that not I only think is beautiful, but other people are enjoying too.

Last year, around the anniversary of my Granny's death, I was a complete wreck and couldn't figure out what was going on. So, I went to a friend's place and I did my first canvas. It was amazing. The paint just showed me where to put it, the colours mixed themselves and I think it is still one of the best paintings I have done.

My friend was so supportive and said I had a really good eye for colour. And I haven't stopped painting since! I think I have done more than 10 canvases since then and our house now feels like a bit of an art gallery.

Today, I have done this painting, as I have been feeling a bit like a fish out of water adjusting back into normal life.

Anyway, the point of my tale is that art is a wonderful way of expressing our inner worlds. Sometimes, as I saw on my trip, there is more pain than one heart can or should carry. Really. And if that pain gets turned inwards, it can destroy the person. But if they can get it out and make it manifest in something beautiful, or express it in a way that they can tell others, or just show the burden they must carry, then it opens the door to freedom and an end to suffering.

So, here's to expressional art. Because it really is one way to ease the pain of our suffering.

5 Comments:

  • At 3:47 pm, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Hi Beth:
    I'm looking for a nice place to hang the beauty "angel of love" that you gave to me as a present.
    It was a nice, blue and bright and it would be perfect for our new house.
    Please, keep continue painting
    Nuria

     
  • At 4:03 pm, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Thanks, Nuria. I didn't know you were reading this but glad you are, though! I can't wait to see your new house. Am coming to Madrid I think in June. Will let you know when I have the details confirmed. Love Beth xx

     
  • At 9:44 pm, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Really amazing! Useful information. All the best.
    »

     
  • At 9:53 pm, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Nice! Where you get this guestbook? I want the same script.. Awesome content. thankyou.
    »

     
  • At 3:13 am, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    I really enjoyed looking at your site, I found it very helpful indeed, keep up the good work.
    »

     

Post a Comment

<< Home