Rediscovering Avalon

This is a site dedicated to the most important things to me, like love, inner peace, joy, kindness. A site dedicated to people discovering, or re-discovering the wonderous magical truth of who they are.

Tuesday, June 13, 2006

Art for art's sake

I've just started an art class and I have managed to find a wonderful teacher. He has the ability to bring out the best in people and give very helpful instruction where needed. He really has a gift for it.

So tonight, instead of randomly creating something big and bright and energetic, I sat meticulously copying a small square from a collage I have done. It was so good for me to do it, because it requires discipline and really got me looking at the nuances of things.

My lessons for today were many, just staring at that very small space of different colours and shapes and images and possibilties. But the one I want to share here (that I think is applicable to life) is:

You can learn a lot from exploring something from many different angles.

So here's to art as a beautiful mediation on life and all its wonder.

PS this is my honey with his beautiful eyes.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home