Rediscovering Avalon

This is a site dedicated to the most important things to me, like love, inner peace, joy, kindness. A site dedicated to people discovering, or re-discovering the wonderous magical truth of who they are.

Tuesday, February 19, 2013

Remembering where you have come from


A wise friend of mine told me this one - Remember where you have come from. The same sage who talked about balance and perspective. She is gold that girl. A real diamond. An inspiration.

So today I start with it.

I have been doing this retrospective thing lately. It is not past naval gazing or anything massively introspective to seek solace. It has come out of this strange realisation that I have learned so much great stuff along the way and like with my art work, instead of constantly creating creating pushing forward and seeking new insights, why not start sharing what I have discovered and then new stuff will reveal itself as and when needed.

So, I am sorting out years of photos into some semblance of order, reviewing poetry writings and wanderings, finishing my novela which is packed full of love and juicy deliciousness. I am going to go back over my sketchbooks.

I am also researching and learning new terrain as I am a glutton for that kind of stuff. And I have also realised I need to meet people. I feel I have sat on my own for too long. I need a reality check. I need to get out more. I need to connect and share myself and others.

I have no idea where it is all heading but I am so comfortable not knowing right now. I am sure the pieces of the puzzle will all fit together.

So I am following my nose and keeping it simple and real. Can't get better than that.

And I found this gem from one of my first blog posts as I was revisiting this blog. I was going to start a new one but why not just carry on.

So here is a lovely little story from me to you back from 2006.

Before I was a Mummy, before I reconnected with my inner artist, before we moved to Spain, before I knew that sometimes you have to fall out of love with someone to really see them and fall in love with the real them not just who you think they are, before I realised that an 8/10 life was going to be pretty awesome because not having it all isn't a cop out, it's life...

So, to the story...

I was having a chat last night with a girl in a club and for some reason she asked me what I had learned about meditating. I'm not even sure how the question came about, as I must have said something about it in my cocktail-ified state, but anyway, I thought it was an interesting question and I said, 'are you sure you want to know?' and she said 'yes', so this is what I said...

I've learned to watch the biochemistry of my brain change from one state to another and the change does pass.
I've seen that 'all this' ie the physical/material world in which we live, is simply detail.
That buddhist monks rock, and by that I mean I am hard pressed to find a more worthy way to spend one's time than seeking enlightenment and the truth of who you are.
That intention is crucial.
That there are only two choices - love and fear.

I think I might add to this list as I go on.

So, that's it from me for tonight. May the force be with you!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home