Rediscovering Avalon

This is a site dedicated to the most important things to me, like love, inner peace, joy, kindness. A site dedicated to people discovering, or re-discovering the wonderous magical truth of who they are.

Monday, July 31, 2006

Going with the flow

It's all very easy to be centred, balanced and loved up when things are going well and as planned. But it can be quite a different story to remain peaceful when life just seems to go, how shall I put this, tits up...

But the thing I realised yesterday is that no matter what is happening in terms of the details of life, we still have a choice.

We can choose to get pissed off, stressed, annoyed, whatever if plans constantly change or someone doesn't do what we want or things don't turn out as we thought they would or thought we wanted them to.

Or, we can see that ultimately, things will happen as they happen.

And we can choose to focus our energy on fighting it, or wanting it to be something else, or wasting our precious energy on stress.

Or we can decide that there is nothing we can do to control the details and decide to enjoy the unfolding of the uncertain path ahead. It will either work out or it won't. It'll either be OK or something else will happen.

How many times have you worried or stressed out about something and the reality of it was no where near as what you had imagined it to be? Me - countless times.

But when you ask yourself, in this very moment, right now, right here, how are things? Generally, the answer is that they are at least manageable, if not actually OK.

So, for today, I have decided to plunge myself willing into the abyss of the unknown.

I'm not sure where I'll be sleeping tonight, but I'll have a bed somewhere (something to be grateful for). I've washed my hair and most of my clothes are ready to be packed just in case I need to leave in a hurry.

And until I know what's happening, I'll relax into the not knowing.

Cup of tea, anyone?

3 Comments:

  • At 11:42 am, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    hi honey, are you ok? H

     
  • At 9:30 am, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Oh sorry, I didn't mean to worry anyone. Just work being annoying!

     
  • At 10:26 am, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    get to know my first blog -

    [url=http://trailfire.com/hoodia] hoodia forum [/url]

    http://trailfire.com/hoodia
    [url=http://trailfire.com/hoodia] hoodia herb [/url]

     

Post a Comment

<< Home