Rediscovering Avalon

This is a site dedicated to the most important things to me, like love, inner peace, joy, kindness. A site dedicated to people discovering, or re-discovering the wonderous magical truth of who they are.

Sunday, July 09, 2006

Things I've learned from meditating

I was having a chat last night with a girl in a club and for some reason she asked me what I had learned about meditating. I'm not even sure how the question came about, as I must have said something about it in my somewhat cocktail-ified state, but anyway, I thought it was an interesting question and I said, 'are you sure you want to know?' and she said 'yes', so this is what I said...

I've learned to watch the biochemistry of my brain change from one state to another and the change does pass.
I've seen that 'all this' ie the physical/material world in which we live, is simply detail.
That buddhist monks rock, and by that I mean I am hard pressed to find a more worthy way to spend one's time than seeking enlightenment and the truth of who you are.
That intention is crucial.
That there are only two choices - love and fear.

I think I might add to this list as I go on.

So, that's it from me for tonight. May the force be with you!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home