Rediscovering Avalon

This is a site dedicated to the most important things to me, like love, inner peace, joy, kindness. A site dedicated to people discovering, or re-discovering the wonderous magical truth of who they are.

Thursday, June 22, 2006

Putting up with it

Continuing on from my post the other day when I was talking about putting up with things that are totally unacceptable and accepting them as normal.

I went to the osteopath the other day as I have had long term issues with my back...neck...shoulders...hips...legs... and often have very painful muscle spasms that last up to 3 or 4 days. While I kind of joke about looking like an old woman, sometimes I really do feel like one.

Anyway, I've finally got the point where I was fed up of not being able to turn my head more than about 45 degrees, always having a niggle somewhere, having shoulders like bricks....

So, I went to this osteopath recommended by someone who said he was amazing. Osteopaths go to the source of the issue rather than just deal with the symptoms. They often require you to make changes to the way you do things which makes sense if those ways of doing things are unhealthy.

Well, I got cracked back into place and despite some pain initially, the body feels a whole lot better. My neck doesn't have a little bone sticking out, my wrists don't crack everytime I move, my hip feels like it is back in the right spot. And I've realised just how much I have put up with things being below par in my body.

The osteopath agrees that I have had issues with it, probably for years. And no, I'm not being a hypochondriac to be fed up!

So, the moral of my story is: Don't accept something that is completely substandard because you've been living with it for years and never seem to get around to getting it sorted out. Because you are worth it. You do deserve to have a happy body that does what it's supposed to. And you are worth having the life you want for yourself. Let kindness be the mantra - and that includes to yourself. xx

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home