Rediscovering Avalon

This is a site dedicated to the most important things to me, like love, inner peace, joy, kindness. A site dedicated to people discovering, or re-discovering the wonderous magical truth of who they are.

Monday, July 03, 2006

The inevitability of change

I don't know about anyone else, but I sometimes find change difficult. For the last year or so, the Beloved has been travelling a lot for work. And when I say a lot, I mean A LOT. We're talking 70% of the time away and when he is here, he is busily trying to catch up on the life that he has missed while he's been away, play some football and study for possibly the most difficult accounting exams known to man.

So, coupled with my completely routine-less life, it can augur for quite a chaotic existance at times.

Most of the time, I am OK about it. I am pretty flexible, live in the moment as much as possible and adapt quite quickly to change. But just at the moment, I am over it. I'm fed up of having to constantly adjust and readjust to the comings and goings of someone else who flits in and out of my life with irregular frequency.

I want a holiday. I want a bit of down time from it all.

But mostly, I am tried of having to grow. I never wanted to be with someone who would let me stagnate and stop growing. But right now, it seems kind of constant and that is hard work.

So, what is my lesson in all of this I wonder?

To be yourself and enjoy the process of discovery. To let it be what it is and go with the flow of life. Embrace it, don't fight it. And watch the magnficence of bliss unfold before you.

So, to embracing change and the newness it creates. May the transitions be loving, peaceful and kind. Amen.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home